Tuesday, 19 September 2017
Date: Time: Place:
GIBS has reached several outstanding milestones within a short ten-year duration of existence. Large modern institutions contain several smaller units that form its different branches, somewhat like theendless stories of a building. The complexities of academic and professional tasks and training purposes can thus be achieved at diverse venues, each with a different thrust.
The GIBS Residential Campus witnessed a special event on 14th September 2017 with the inauguration of the Innovation Center. The GIBS Innovation Center is a creative step in the right direction. An International Speaker Mr. Paul Susheel has been appointed as the Head of the Innovation Center.
An Innovation Center with a hallowed mission
Everybody, students and workers alike, needs an oasis or a retreat where they can rest and work in peace, away from the stresses of the classroom and city tensions. The well-organized atmosphere nurtures such creative thinking that results in innovative ideas, quite lacking in the humdrum life we otherwise lead. The Innovation Center is such a refuge meant to engender that spark of creativity and innovation beyond academics and rigorous curriculums.
Discovering themselves is the task at hand for students in a surrounding where the mind feels free to explore and to experiment with innovative ideas.
Besides the inspiring Head in the form of Mr. Paul Susheel, we would expect motivating materials to be provided to set the mind working towards innovative endeavors. Like a laboratory, perhaps audio-visual materials along with subject-based materials would prove useful. Along with management that is the chief theme at GIBS, materials to encourage hobbies and wider interests would prove a blessing. It is important that students go beyond their management domain and its components to discover the wider world beyond the campus.
Ideas flourish in a non-competitive environment
The tremendous stress of competition often destroys the spirit of creativity. Out here at the Innovation Center is a place where the mind can be at peace, far from industry and institutional stresses. The pressure to perform excellently is absent here. The best minds can come together to find new approaches and discuss novel ideologies.
Neutral environments allow us to be who and what we are, where you are not compelled to adopt any judgments or take sides. The flowering of thoughts and ideas would thus be quite possible. A brainstorming and a passion are essential and the Innovation Center is scheduled to become a womb for the new age research and a fraternal spirit of togetherness to discover, to cooperate and to entertain.
Through such a process, the GIBS students would set off on intimate voyages of self-discovery to unlock hidden potential within their minds, hearts and souls. Management is essentially commercial, concerned with the business world, but is aimed at the public domain too. Get ready, GIBS students, to test your ideas and find the best solutions to remain productive citizens that would benefit the public too. Along with commercial success at industry should come humanitarian concern for the people of the country to be served through charitable causes and industry policies.
To catapult the strategies & polish the HR skills, GIBS Business School organized an HR Conference on DIGITAL WORLD OF HR: 2.0 organised in collaboration with GWFM Network Forum Bangalore on Saturday, 16th Sept 2017 at GIBS Bannerghatta Campus. This conference brings HR of companies, talent and learning leaders together to learn, discuss and collaborate on the next practices to implement in order to beat your competition in the years ahead.
Panel discussion was held on
1. The Role of HR in the Future of Work
2. Talent Acquisition & Workforce Optimization: Adapting to the future
3. Redefining employee engagement in the digital era
4. Leadership Development in the Digital Age.
Panel 1: The Role of HR in the Future of Work
Key Note Address “HR: Beyond the Digital Transformation”
Prithvi Sher Gill, Founder Cocreate Tomorrow
Moderator: Annapurna A, Director HR Inspirage
1. Poornima SP, Group Director Human Resources, Tejas Networks
2. Dr Harry CD, CHRO Ascend Telecom
3. CaptArunNayar, Director HR Safran Group
4. VenkiSundaresan-Country Mnager/Sr. Director Cypress Semiconductors
5. Sunil Kumar Dhavala-Former HR,Finance Head National Geographic Channel
6. Meenalochani Kumar, Senior Director and Global Design Lead - Leadership and Executive Development at Sutherland
Panel 2: Strategic ketynote : Designing the Digital HR function
Suraj Chettri, Head of HR Airbus India
Talent Acquisition & Workforce Optimization: Adapting to the future
Moderator: Hirendra Badhiye, Vice President - Human Resources at Northern Operating Services Pvt. Ltd.
1. KavithaVenkatachalam, Partner “Tomorrow”
2. Mohammed Sirajul HassanSenior Director WFM at Omega Healthcare Management Services Private Limited
3. SindhuSubhashini, India HR Head ; Chairperson ICC Brillio
4. AnantharamanSubramanian,Director& Head, Resource and Capacity Management at IBM Global Services India.
Panel 3: Redefining employee engagement in the digital era
Keynote on Employee Wellness the step towards Employee Engagement
Ashutosh, Express Feast Bangalore.
Moderator: Augustus Azariah, Associate Director IBM
1. KaustavChakravarthy, Director HR- Asia Pacific, Lenovo
2. Capt.ShantanuChakravorty, Global Leader- Digital Learning
3. Capt.ParthaSamai,Senior Vice President, Group Head Human Resources at AGS Transact Technologies Ltd.
Panel 4: Leadership Development in the Digital Age
Moderator:Smaranika Mukherjee: AVP –L&D Swiss Re
1. Alexander Rinku,Director - Human Resources, ORACLE and Certified Executive & Life Coach
2. RiteshRanjan, L&D Head -APAC of CGI
3. Raghav Rao, COO- Maintec Technologies
4. Ranjith KP, Director - Human Resources at Fortinet
5. Mukund HR Head BMS Biocon
For More Detail Kindly Visit : http://gwfmconference.gibsbschool.com/
Monday, 18 September 2017
To catapult the strategies & polish the HR skills, GIBS Business School organized an HR Conference on DIGITAL WORLD OF HR: 2.0 organised in collaboration with GWFM Network Forum Bangalore on Saturday, 26th November at Hotel Sanman Gardenia, Jayanagar. This conference brings HR of companies, talent and learning leaders together to learn, discuss and collaborate on the next practices to implement in order to beat your competition in the years ahead. Panel discussion was held on 1. The Role of HR in the Future of Work 2. Talent Acquisition & Workforce Optimization: Adapting to the future 3. Redefining employee engagement in the digital era 4. Leadership Development in the Digital Age. #HRConference #HR #DigitalWorld #GWFM #HRStrategy #TalentAcquisition #WorkForce #GIBS #MBA #PGPM #BBA #BCOM